May 29, 2010

What I've been up to

It's been a month, and I haven't written to y'all, for which I apologize. In my defense, there was overtime involved. My roommates weren't sure I still lived here; they only saw the remnants of my breakfast dishes. But I have been doing fun and crafty things in my slight spare time. I made this:

It's a cracked wheat bread. Verdict: extremely tasty with a fine crumb. But it's incredibly dense. Mine did not rise properly at all.






See what I mean about the nice crumb? It was sweet, but not too sweet, and perfect with what we in the house have termed to be failjam. Failjam was created by my roommate out of fresh Louisiana strawberries. For unknown reasons, it failed to set properly. But it's delicious. Seriously delicious. And when dripped on this, it was heavenly.


 I also made a schawarma roasted chicken. I love shawarma. I first ate it at Lebanon's here in New Orleans, and it remains one of my favorite things to eat in this city. They make a lentil soup that my mom is still talking about. I should go back and beg them for that recipe. As far as the chicken goes, I sprinkled the spices on the whole chicken, then coated it in the yogurt and tahini. It was the most moist roasted chicken I've ever eaten.


I leave you with this:

The master of ceremonies wearing part of my Luigi costume from Halloween. It amuses me greatly. I hope to have kilt hose to show you in the near future as well. I get to see the Gentleman in Question next weekend, where we'll have the final fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment